European Management, Engineering & Consulting – Emercon Limited is a new company established in Ireland, by a team of senior engineers with long-standing global professional experience. We joined forces and combined our skills and pioneering expertise in Consulting, Project Management and R&D, in order to provide a wide spectrum of high-quality services.
What makes us unique is:
- Natural leadership. We provide a high performance team and the strategies, oversight and innovative solutions necessary to meet challenging project objectives and deliver complex projects on time and on budget
- Relationship builders. We cultivate partnerships to win competitive projects, reduce roadblocks and meet objectives. We increase our collaborators’ ability to land high competitive and lucrative projects by sourcing partnership opportunities
- Solutions focused. We view challenges and shifting requirements as opportunities to grow and exceed expectations. We believe in results and we are ready to quickly build proficiencies even in unfamiliar sectors, in order to drive project success and evolve.
Our people have many years of professional experience, encompassing a wide range of sectors and geographical areas, while they have held high-level positions in various companies and organizations across Europe.
Through these activities, we have built a powerful, global professional network, including personal relationships with leading companies, institutions, decision makers, high-level officials and experts in numerous sectors.
Knowledge, skills and technical capacity will guide you to the top, but professionalism, ethos and integrity will keep you there.
Project Management and Consulting
We have long standing experience in the management, implementation and provision of consulting services in large, complex and multidisciplinary projects covering a wide range of sectors, geographic areas and clients.
- Technical and financial management of projects, Framework Contracts (FwCs) and grants
- Application of advanced methodologies, processes and tools for project management
- Definition and analysis of project requirements, allocation of resources
- Deployment, supervision and backstopping of international and local experts
- Relationship management with project partners
- Monitoring project implementation.
- Managing and executing budget.
- Managing unexpected difficulties, risk management
- Contractual arrangements and communications with the contracting authorities and clients
We offer integrated business development services ranging from the identification of relevant opportunities to the successful awarding of contracts. Our team has an impressive track-record in identifying and securing tenders of multi-million euros.
- Identification of suitable project opportunities
- Assembling winning consortia
- Writing of technical proposals and methodologies
- Identification, selection and negotiations with experts
- Budgeting and preparation of financial proposals
- Coordination, management and submission of tenders
Research and Development
Our experts and collaborators have very strong academic background, international exposure and scientific recognition in a range of sectors. Having participated in numerous R&D projects, we have built a very wide network with globally recognized universities, research institutes, foundations and R&D departments of major enterprises.
- Maturing R&D ideas and evolving them to innovative projects
- Securing funds for R&D Projects from major EU programs such as Horizon 2020.
- Requirements gathering and analysis for R&D Projects
- R&D product architecture and development management
Renewables; Energy Efficiency; Energy Policy; Smart Energy & Metering Systems; Decision Support Systems
Climate Change; Environmental & Climate Policies
Transport Infrastructure Policies & Strategies; Feasibility Studies; Urban Transport Planning; Projects’ Formulation & Implementation
Monitoring & Evaluation
Methodologies for Monitoring & Evaluation of Projects & Programmes; Project Cycle Management; Logical Framework Analysis; Quality Control
Methodologies for the Assessment of Smart Cities; Knowledge-Based Development; Decision Support Systems for the Formulation of Strategies for Cities and Regions; Business Models
Emercon offers its services to both public and private sector companies and organizations worldwide. Indicative clients are:
- EC Directorate-General for International Cooperation and Development (DG DEVCO – EuropeAid)
- EC Directorate-General European Neighbourhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations (DG NEAR)
- EC Directorate-General Energy (DG Energy)
- EC Directorate-General Enviroment (DG Enviroment)
- EC Directorate-General Research and Innovation (RTD) – Horizon 2020
- National government institutions
- Regional and local governments and authorities
- Other International financing organisations (World Bank, EBRD, EIB, etc.)
- Enterprises and other private clients
Client: European Commission Shared Resource Directorate MOVE/ENER
Description: The purpose of the multiple framework contract with re-opening of competition is to provide the Commission at short notice with highly qualified external expertise in the design, preparation and implementation of policies, initiatives and legislative proposals.
The services required will involve a number of diversified tasks in the following areas:
• General affairs in the field of energy (planning, external dimension and enlargement, etc.).
• Security of supply, energy markets, future role of conventional and unconventional fossil fuel and best practices in their safe and competitive production, networks and smart grids.
• New and renewable sources of energy, energy efficiency and innovation.
• Nuclear energy, nuclear safeguards, radiation protection and management of spent fuel and radioactive waste.
Client: EC – DG DEVCO
Description: Technical Assistance Facility (TAF) experts for Tanzania in the energy sector – Activity Area 1: Initial stocktaking and establishing national energy sector policies; Activity Area 3: Technical support in programming and preparation of projects. The Biomass Energy Strategy (BEST) in Tanzania came about as a result of a request by the Ministry of Energy and Minerals (MEM) to the European Union Energy Initiative Partnership Dialogue Facility (EUEI PDF) to develop a national biomass energy strategy and biomass energy action plan. The general objective of this assignment is to support the implementation of BEST in Tanzania, link to the SDGs – Sustainable use of natural resources (incl. charcoal), clean cooking solutions, combating air pollution, promoting gender and private sector development.
Client: EC – DG DEVCO
Description: After 50 years of operation, the Kariba Dam (Zambia) now requires a series of rehabilitation works for its continued safe operation. In line with its mandate, the ZRA is implementing these works which include:
• Refurbishment and upgrading of the spillway system;
• Reshaping of the plunge pool to preclude further erosion towards the dam foundations when the spillway is operated.
The result will be the stabilization of the plunge pool downstream of the dam wall and full operability of the spillway system. Consequently, the installed generation capacity will be safeguarded in the long term while the risk to communities will be significantly reduced. The general objective of this project is to support the Zambezi River Authority’s capacity to manage international dam projects. The specific objectives of this assignment are:
• to assist ZRA in managing the start of the implementation of the Kariba Dam Rehabilitation Project by providing short-term TA on project management tasks;
• to advise ZRA on its staffing and training needs by carrying out an institutional capacity needs assessment and facilitate networking with similar authorities operating in the EU.
31st March 2017
EMERCON has been awarded the new EC DG Energy 4-year Framework Contract: Lot 3: Technical assistance in the field of Energy.
2nd February 2017
EMERCON participates in the EU SE4ALL Technical Assistance Facility (TAF) experts for Tanzania in the energy sector
1st November 2016
EMERCON participates in the EU SE4ALL T/A to Zambezi River Authority for the Implementation of Kariba Dam Rehabilitation Project
Our Headquarters are based in Cork, Ireland. Emercon also has a regional office in Athens, Greece.
Please contact us at our addresses, numbers and e-mails or using directly the form below.
2016 © European Management, Engineering & Consulting – EMERCON Ltd.